The Building Department, along with the Code Enforcement Officer, has many responsibilities for the City. The major responsibilities include:
- Enforcement of the City's Building Codes
- Issuance and inspection of permits such as construction, sidewalks, driveways, curb cuts, fences, and signs
- Enforcement of the City's ordinances, which include complaints referencing trash and debris, unlicensed or non-operating vehicles, sidewalk snow removal and weed/grass cutting
- Maintenance of all Building Department Records
- Liaison to the Planning Commission and Zoning Board of Appeals
The Building Department receives and reviews all applications or requests that are brought before the Planning Commission and the Zoning Board of Appeals.
Planning / Zoning Information
Questions regarding Planning / Zoning
Future Land Use Map
Schedule of Fees
Payment method for Planning, Development & Building Permits: Cash, Check or Credit card
The Planning Commission meets monthly on the second Tuesday at 7 p.m., and the Zoning Board of Appeals meets monthly on the fourth Wednesday at 6 p.m. The meetings are held at City Hall in the lower level. Agendas for each will be posted when available or they can be obtained at City Hall.